On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 2:01 AM, Carsten Munk <cars...@maemo.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> MeeGo is dead ... long live Tizen !! - Haven't we heard that before? -
> Maemo, Moblin?
>
> We need a community that transcends the mere branding of MeeGo, Maemo,
> Moblin - and now Tizen.
>
> Our solution is the Mer Project:

Sounds very promising!

A quick note: The first hit for 'mer meego' on google is
http://mer-project.blogspot.com/

That blog was last updated in 2010, so it would be helpful to have it
updated to point people towards the latest/newest Mer project site.

Also: is there any chance that the people who control MeeGo.com (LF,
probably) would consider linking to the website for the Mer project,
just as they are linking to Tizen.org? A show of strong support and
cooperation from the MeeGo project to its various "progeny" could not
only help to mend bruised feelings in the community, but could help to
deflect perceptions of MeeGo as incomplete or unsuccessful. Such a
move would demonstrate that the driving force of the project -- to
"provide a Linux-based, open source software platform for the next
generation of computing devices" -- is the one primary goal, and that
through name changes, UI changes, toolkit changes, etc...,
Maemo/MeeGo/Tizen is continuing that mission as actively as it ever
has.

--R