On 3/24/2010 11:10, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
meego-dev-boun...@meego.com wrote:
For this reason a social contract could help us, establishing a
default requirements if you want  to integrate a component/driver in the
MeeGo project.

Maybe the social contract sounds very free-software "fanatic" for a
company, but is one of the best warranties to offer a complete open
source project.

Besides, it would be a signal of commitment with the community, and it
will encourage participation in the development.

My completely personal, completely unofficial reaction is
that this would have a LOT of problems on the Tivoization
front, as it seems to me everybody below the netbook and
possible tablet type device is interested in some level of
locking down their image... Don't know if it looks that
way to the rest of you or I'm just being too pessimistic?

this level of device lock went out of the window once people wanted app stores.
the moment you want an app store of any relevance you're no longer completely
locked down, which means you need some smarter technology regardless...