On Monday 24 May 2010 15:22:42 Dave Neary wrote:
> Let me ask the question this way (re. what Alberto wrote earlier): if I
> used Hildon on top of a stock upstream GTK+, what would be broken?
>
> If the answer is "not much", then as Arjen (almost) said: "Sounds
> perfect for the community repository".

The mails from Kimmo and Kate seem to suggest that as well as the GTK changes
there are some significant issues with trying to port Hildon to another
platform.  In particular, the way the stackable windows work and the way
input works both have to be reworked.  Sounds like a non-trivial piece of
work to me -- probably needs to be done by someone who is being paid, if we
want it working in the next months?

So, one possible focus for the funding would be "port Hildon to MeeGo" (or to
a standards-compliant desktop environment, or something).

Graham