Em Segunda-feira 21 Junho 2010, às 08:51:44, USA Linux UAE escreveu:
> Hello,
> I know this is early days of meego, but is there any plans to have
> something in place for helping developers to port meego to mips/powerpc
> and other new hardware.
>
> Android has android-porting mailing list , any plans for meego-porting
> list??

I'd say that, if a list is needed, then it should be created. But I think this
list here is enough until the conversations specific to porting get too
widespread.

As for the porting itself, it's up to the people who want to do it to come up
with tasks. I've never done porting of a distro, so I can't comment on that.
What does it involve, besides rebuilding everything?

Once the ports reach certain maturity, you should ask the TSG to bless it and
therefore gain OBS space.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358