2010/6/24  <jari.paloja...@nokia.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> Just as an ad, there's now some initial concrete information at
> http://wiki.meego.com/MeeGo_Porting_Guide (under Display and graphics, Media,
> Communications and Sensors). Nothing "huge" but at least something the start
> from.

There's a few things I really miss in the MPG outline (outline, not content!)

- The simple act of 'how do I actually build an rootfs image for my
device'. This is what people ask about in the IRC channels for
instance.

After the handset day one release it should be possible for us in N900
hardware adaptation team to help with this section at least. It would
be good to have instructions for the various reference devices (Aava,
netbooks, N900..)

- How to start working on patching the MeeGo kernel for my board
changes, where do I send patches, how do I tame the packaging, etc..

- Setting up a OBS for doing work, building your own board support packages..

Ie, making it more into a 'The typical software engineer's guide to
getting MeeGo up and booting on a Atom or ARM board'..

Best regards,
Carsten Munk