Project (discussion list)‎" <meego-dev@meego.com>
> Subject: Re: [MeeGo-dev] After handset day one - a plea for openness
> Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 16:32:54 -0700
>

> > * not official support of meego on some hardware is community driven?
>
> Again, the default builds that we provide are optimized for Atom - I
> don't think there's anything wrong with that. It's fairly straight
> forward to build for other platforms if you need that, but I think it
is
> not a reasonable request that we shouldn't optimize for our platform.

I guess this is one part I don't quite get, so forgive my ignorance.�
Given the eventual breadth of MeeGo, shouldn't the default be agnostic to
vendor-specific optimizations?� Then of course there would be an
Atom-optimized build from Intel...� ARM-specific from others... et al...

Thanks for any clarification.

Randy