> On the ABI and API section, it looks to me that we're redefining what is
defined elsewhere.
> Isn't there a document we can point to and include by reference, like the
LSB?

Indeed, the scope may seem the same as LSB but it's still different. LSB is
targeted at enterprise distros (read - very stable but old libraries) while
MeeGo is more on the leading edge in terms of API/ABI. Another principal
difference is that LSB is POSIX-like 100% implementation neutral standard
that tries to define full description of requirements for compliant systems
(including textual specification of behavior of particular APIs). LSB
specification is self-sufficient and does not depend on any implementation
(well, if we include all the docs and standards it refers to). MeeGo
specification is targeted on specifying just the public subset of interfaces
of the reference implementation while leaving the behavior description to be
"same as in the ref. implementation".

But LSB and MeeGo spec do have much in common - both target at enabling
application portability across some sets of Linux platform implementations.
MeeGo Spec is like "Mobile LSB" in this sense.

--
Vladimir Rubanov
ISPRAS / The Linux Foundation