Hi,

Excerpts from Ville M. Vainio's message of Thu Sep 09 18:23:03 +1000 2010:
> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Andrew Flegg <and...@bleb.org> wrote:
>
> > That's why I'm proposing that the language in the spec recognises that
> > MeeGo-compliant packages can have a canonical location (e.g.
> > "repository X") and can depend on anything else in that repository.
>
> This would not be completely accurate either. A manufacturer way want
> to create a special repository for packages that apps in their app
> store CAN depend on, and this is not necessarily the repository that
> the sold applications are downloaded from.

I don't think Andrew was attempting to disallow such special repositories,
just that a central repository (run by MeeGo through the community process
or whatever) *can* exist and that its use should be made a requirement to
be compliant.

Andrew, please correct me if I'm wrong.

--
Robin Burchell