<snip interesting discussion>

It is nice that MeeGo opens this important topic for discussion. But ultimately
isn't this just academic? What real weight does the community have in
discussing MeeGo compliance?

And if MeeGo decides to go ahead with a draconian compliance scheme, what
recourse does the community have?

        Q: Can we add random packages to the build system?