meego-dev-boun...@meego.com wrote:
> Em Quarta-feira 08 Setembro 2010, às 15:35:33, Wichmann, Mats
> D escreveu:
>> By the way, an area I'm really looking for help on
>> is the one on WRT (Web RunTime)... been kind of told
>> that's going to be a part of 1.1, and the spec
>> should say something about WRT apps so they don't
>> look like they're prohibited, but I don't have any
>> further info.
>
> Well, WRT apps aren't packaged as .rpms, but as a special format. They
> need an interpreter to be installed, just like Python and Perl, except
> it's based on QtWebKit.

that much I had found - I guess it's a zipfile (or some other
such archiving format) with a special suffix to identify it,
and a few special files like a manifest that help describe
the contents, and done in javascript (which webkit would handle)

some people seem to think these could be dropped inside of rpms
for installation but that seems kind of redundant

> I know the WRT team is working towards the open-sourcing and releasing
> so it can be in 1.1, but I don't have more info. I'll see if I can poke
> them into contributing for the specification.

that would be great!!!

is there actually time for this to make 1.1?