ext Thiago Macieira <thi...@kde.org> writes:

> Requiring a .noarch.rpm to wrap around a zip file sounds redundant to
> me.

A *.wgt is not just a zip file, it contains some package-style meta data
as well, such as a description, author information, a version, and even
'feature requirements', which resemble dependencies:

    http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets/

Thus, a *.wgt can be automatically repackaged as a *.rpm.  We do this in
Harmattan, and it seems to generally work ok.

Just to be clear: To repackage a WGT, I would unzip it and then put the
resulting directory tree directly into the *.rpm.  (I am not sure how we
do it in Harmattan, but that's what I would do.)