On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 02:49:39PM -0500, Ibrahim Haddad wrote:
> Hello Jos,
>
> Thank you for your email and the proposal to use "DarkRider" instead of
> "Smeegol".
>
>    DarkRider, an openSUSE release based on the netbook user interface that
> came from the Meego(TM)* project.
>    * Meego is a trademark of the Linux Foundation.

Note, it was only a "proposal", not something anyone has stated that
will happen.  I still fail to see why the name should be changed based
on past interactions here.

> The above statement is OK, but please remember that, since you are not going
> to go through compliance, you can not use the MeeGo logo or any MeeGo
> specific graphics.

Again, since when has "compliance" ever been the issue from our side?

And again, could you verify that we are currently using the graphics and
logos properly as per your requests?  We have gone through the packages
and from everything that I can tell, are abiding by the license of them.

thanks,

greg k-h