From: meego-dev-boun...@meego.com [mailto:meego-dev-boun...@meego.com] On
Behalf Of Thiago Macieira
Sent: 2010年12月8日 5:40
To: meego-dev@meego.com
Subject: Re: [MeeGo-dev] fennec(Illegal instruction) issue on MeeGo

On Tuesday, 7 de December de 2010 21:47:48 imdat.so...@nokia.com wrote:
> On Dec 7, 2010, at 15:38 , ext Auke Kok wrote:
> > On 12/07/10 01:25, Paul Li wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >>          I met an issue with fennec on MeeGo, I recompiled this app with
> >>          ‘-march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mlittle-endian
> >>          -mfpu=vfpv3-d16 -mfloat-abi=softfp’ and ‘-march=armv7-a
> >>          -mtune=cortex-a8 -mlittle-endian -mfpu=vfpv3-d16
> >>          -mfloat-abi=soft’. Both of them met the following issue:
> >>          Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
> >>
> >> 0x0000a144 in __aeabi_d2lz ()
> >>
> >> Could anyone give me some suggestions? Thank you. :)
> >
> > you broke it.
> >
> > "illegal instruction" means that you instructed the compiler to generate
> > processor instructions that are invalid for your processor type.
>
> If the app was running (i.e. you didn't get that when you started), then it
> can also mean that your stack was corrupted, resulting in an illegal
> instruction on the stack. Check whether you did anything on your stack
> that might have negative impact on stack consistency.

Stack is not supposed to contain instuctions.

But it could be that the stack got corrupted and a return went to the wrong
address.

I looked at my __aeabi_d2lz (in libgcc_s.so) and I couldn't find any
instructions that wouldn't run in most ARM processors.
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358