Hi Patrick,

On 03/14/2011 10:20 PM, ext Patrick Ohly wrote:
> I've said before and I say it again here, I consider performance
> comparisons pointless at this time. Doing them badly just reduces any
> good will that might be left from the people one is trying to convince.
It is not only about performance, strangely nobody mentioned why we have
"multi-purpose" storage.
Right now we have call history, SMS, IM, MMS, contacts and other types
of data stored in tracker.

Therefore its very easy to write query like "give me full communication
history for contact A".
Our libcommhistory and commhistory daemon components rely on contacts
that stored in tracker.

By moving contacts to EDS we will need to change libcommhistory and
commhistory-daemon components
so they will do "cross-domain" queries and we will pay with performance
for that.

BR,
Alex