On 03/25/2011 09:52 AM, Rob Staudinger wrote:
On Fri, 2011-03-25 at 09:10 +0200, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
I would estimate the traffic to be from 1 to 5 messages per day (with some
occasional spikes, of course) and being mostly consisting of patches and review
comments.

I would encourage you to do patch review in bugzilla primarily, and tie
in the mailing list only if there's need to. Yes, I'm aware that the
contribution guidelines say that a patch needs to go onto the ML first.

Since our code is in gitorious.org, we generally do code reviews in gitorious.org, and we just post a URL to a short comment to the mailing list.

Trivial/short patches are usually sent to the mailing list.

I think it will be challenging enough to convince all the stakeholder to migrate to a different ML; I wouldn't like to also change the review process.

But that said, if someone submits patches as bugzilla attachments, it's also fine to review them there. But to ensure that all team members have a chance to view the submissions, I'd rather encourage using the ML.

Ciao,
  Alberto

--
http://blog.mardy.it <-- geek in un lingua international!