On Friday, March 25, 2011 09:11:48 AM Ville M. Vainio wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 10:16 PM, Richard Dale
>
> <richard.d...@telefonica.net> wrote:
> > I personally think that the Nepomuk non-application specific integrated
> > data approach could be a killer feature of MeeGo. In comparison iOS is
> > completely
>
> Agreed. Luckily tracker will still be there on the platform (as Marius
> stated earlier in this thread), so it can be used by willing
> applications. It's just that contact information is not *primarily*
> stored there anymore - but we can arrange for an (unofficial) way
> where it gets moved there from EDS anyway.
Yes Tracker is still part of MeeGo, but I was talking specifically about RAD
environments built on top of Tracker. My concern is that I saw this statement
in one of the mails in this thread:

On Monday, March 07, 2011 10:06:08 PM Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> > Are you planning to support or implement a QSparql backend for EDS?
>
> I suspect we'll never see QSparql in MeeGo the way things are going....

Disclaimer: I am a QSparql developer

QSparql is the official way of using Tracker in Maemo Qt based code. As far as
know it has been packaged for MeeGo too, and I am not sure if the above
statement from Arjan van de Ven is correct.

In order to build the RAD environment, that I personally dream of, QSparql
will be needed even if application programmers won't all use it directly.
Maybe we can do a visual QtCreator environment via QSparql QML integration and
QtCreator plugins, to allow app developers to rapidly create mashups with the
application independent data in Tracker. That data might by combined with data
from SPARQL endpoints out on the web that is also retrieved via QSparql.

-- Richard