From: meego-dev-boun...@meego.com [mailto:meego-dev-boun...@meego.com] On
Behalf Of Cornelius Hald
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 4:17 PM
To: Thiago Macieira
Cc: meego-dev@meego.com
Subject: Re: [MeeGo-dev] Howto lock screen orientation in MeeGo/Tablet 1.2 ?

On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 15:05 +0200, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Em Friday, 6 de May de 2011, às 14:46:15, Cornelius Hald escreveu:
> > I thought I'll try a workaround and use MTF only for rotation.
> > Unfortunately it looks like that's not that easy since MWindow and
> > QWidget are not quite compatible.
> >
> > I really hope we get some framework support for that.
>
> You're using QWidget?

I'm using QDeclarativeView as my root widget, which is a QWidget. How
else could I use QML? Can I somehow use QML without QDeclarativeView?

> Then I'm sorry, there's no good rotation practice within Qt. You need help
> from the window manager / compositor and mcompositor won't do that for you.
>
> The only way to do this from inside the application is to do it manually by
> placing the widget inside a QGraphicsProxyWidget and then rotate the graphics
> view. This is extremely slow and not recommended.
>
> Actually, using QWidget is not recommended.

Wouldn't a work-around be to rotate my root QML item? If yes, where do I
get the physical orientation of the device from? Is there Qt API for
that?

Thanks for bearing with me.
Conny

Intel Finland Oy
Registered Address: PL 281, 00181 Helsinki
Business Identity Code: 0357606 - 4
Domiciled in Helsinki