On May 6, 2011, at 6:36 AM, Cornelius Hald wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 15:21 +0200, Thiago Macieira wrote:

>>> I'm using QDeclarativeView as my root widget, which is a QWidget. How
>>> else could I use QML? Can I somehow use QML without QDeclarativeView?
>>
>> Ah, no problem then. But you need to get the sensors information from the
>> Mobility Sensors and apply the transform yourself and animate however you
>> want.
>>
>> Components (both of them) do it for you.
>>
>>> Wouldn't a work-around be to rotate my root QML item? If yes, where do I
>>> get the physical orientation of the device from? Is there Qt API for
>>> that?
>>
>> Yes, use the Sensors.
>
> Alright. I'll look into this over the weekend. Let's see how I can do
> that in a way compatible with Maemo5 and Symbian.

Quick reminder that meego-dev is for questions about development of the
MeeGo distribution, not application development. Application development
questions should be in meego-sdk, which is where the people working on
the sdk, apis and other application development participate.

Please post future application development questions to meego-sdk.

Also see:
http://wiki.meego.com/Community_communication

Regards,
Dawn