2011/5/6 Michael Hasselmann <micha...@openismus.com>:
> On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 08:11 -0700, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
>> > Examples are xdg-utils ->  libcontentaction ->  libmeegotouch
>>
>> for 1.3, libmeegotouch needs to be removed, so yes, any patches to
>> reduce deps on it are very welcome...
>
> Who drives that "need"? What are the technical reasons why it has to go?
> Please clarify, otherwise it feels like an imaginated need, quite
> honestly.

It was clearly stated (even before feb11) that MTF is deprecated for
3rd party development and QML and Qt Components are the future of
development. If it's deprecated and not a MeeGo API it shouldn't be
mandatory in compliance and hence MeeGo core shouldn't depend on it.
If it was already deprecated in MeeGo 1.2, next step would be removal.

There has been email threads where people have been confused if to use
MTF or not for apps and personally I think MTF might belong better in
a community repository as to not confuse the developer story, along
the lines of David Greaves' idea about "Surrounds".

BR
Carsten Munk