On 5/6/2011 12:45 PM, Michael Hasselmann wrote:
On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 11:46 -0700, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
MTF as a whole got deprecated with less than minimal resources on
it...
That's not quite what the git logs say. I count 60 commits for this
Friday alone. Looks rather well maintained and active to me (also check
[0], [1])

Again, what are the concrete technical reasons?

I have no problems with the decision itself, as I know that we can adapt
to that in MeeGo Input Methods. It's even in our own roadmap [2] for
1.3. And there is a certain value in having less dependencies, of
course.

But the "deprecated" argument as such is meaningless and arbitrary.
There's nothing technical to it.

not all decisions are pure technical in the sense that you mean it.

we want ONE api for apps.
MTF is not that. QML is that.

after that it becomes a maintenance/etc issue, that we do not want to take on.