Em Tuesday, 14 de June de 2011, às 07:53:12, Andrew Flegg escreveu:
>   1) Feature detection. Includes screen sizes, orientation default etc.

That is understood. We're bringing the Qt Mobility System Information domain
into QtCore for Qt 5.

>   2) Build time. As Attila says, paths & icons may need to be different
>      for different platforms.

>   3) API availability. "Raw" QML can have an Item as the root item,
>      however MeeGo UX Components and Qt Quick Components have their own
>      "window" items which should (must?) be the root; and have different
>      import statements.

That is a problem that we're trying to solve by getting all the concerned
parties together in a workshop and hash out the future. I've even placed some
of my trusted subcontractors to analyse the differences and prepare a report.

Nothing has happened in the past two weeks though. I'll resume this task after
the Qt Contributor Summit this week.

> As a developer, I want to write a Qt Quick app which can run on Maemo,
> Harmattan, Symbian, MeeGo and Android; and currently that seems overly
> difficult.

Right, I've complained of the same. But in reality the UIs, UXs and HIGs are
quite different from one another, so there's only a limited amount of
standardisation that we can create. You will need to adapt your UI to the
system you'll be running on so the major objective of QML is to make that
easy. This is also where the sysinfo comes in, as your app needs to know which
files to load.

But personally I don't like the idea of having to change *every* *single*
*file* especially if they differ only by the import statement.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358