On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 6:55 AM, Andrey Ponomarenko
<aponomare...@ispras.ru>wrote:

> **
> Hi there,
>
> The MeeGo SDK for Linux [1] officially supports only Ubuntu and Fedora.
> I've checked it on popular openSUSE and Debian 5 and it doesn't work there
> (it hangs on the first one and crashes on the second one).

hmmm, those two are supposed to work.  could you file a bug on the Debian
issue?  on openSUSE... as a wild guess, does it hang at 34%?  these seem to
be a couple of things that go wrong here, at the beginning of trying to
modify the system it does a sudo and I've seen it sometimes not launch, or
launch hidden, or get confused because there's no entry in the sudoers
file.  as part of the same step it also seems to get stuck trying to figure
out if a proxy is needed, and ends up connecting to localhost instead of the
intended remote host, and then looping endlessly on this step.

> Why the list of supported hosts is too short?

because it's a bit tricky and effort has gone other places.

> I know that MeeGo is Moblin + Maemo. Why not to use the Maemo-like SDK
> installer [2] based on the Scratchbox [3]? It supports much more (if not
> all) Linux hosts.

something like this is under consideration.  but the current release has to
get working right for people, so further details would certainly be useful
(bugzilla's a good place to track)