Hi,

On 06/17/2011 06:31 PM, Carsten Munk wrote:

One of the things we're trying to achieve in 1.3 is Wayland support,
but there seems to be very little documented on actual plans/tasks to
be done and not high transparency on what's being done currently. So
how do we change this? -  we need to get all the effort pushed into
this as we can and ideally not do too much duplicate work :). I've
taken a liking to Wayland in MeeGo and am trying to contribute what I
can, myself.

I'm wondering if we should decide on a place to meet about MeeGo&
Wayland (#wayland on irc.freenode.net?) and perhaps have a
synchronization meeting on efforts regularly - what do you think? Set
up a wiki page on wiki.meego.com etc.

We have to be wise here and really try to separate what is MeeGo only, because most of the work will be shared anyway with other consumers, so we should be discussing on its own community (#wayland, ml, etc).

For MeeGo, I think what you and Thiago said is quite correct, so we basically have to break Qt in some point for stabilization and start the packaging work. In fact, we're doing exactly this now with different versions of Qt:
http://wiki.meego.com/Wayland_in_MeeGo

We want a MeeGo image there now that everyone can easily pick for building and converting applications to Wayland natively, with Qt Lighthouse. The wiki is not up to date actually, but I'll try to add a bit more detailed information there on the next days. We all could/should improve a bit more this page also with the features needed, but again, trying to insert MeeGo specific only - I guess PVR related wouldn't go there for instance.

Cheers,

     Tiago