On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 1:01 AM, Leonardo Luiz Padovani da Mata
<leonar...@syst.com.br> wrote:
> Hello Florent
>

>> To come back at the subject of the need of a file browser, lets
>> suppose that you had a trip in a foreign country with friends and that
>> now you want to show them all that you have from the trip. Will you
>> prefer to have one folder with all the videos, photos, pdf scan of
>> documents or to open the photo viewer to show them the photos, then go
>> to the video player to browse the videos then to the pdf viewer to
>> browse the pdfs, then to go back in all those applications to export
>> to an usb key or import these data?
>
> By the other hand there is an averange joe that just want to see a
> popup with a message "import all files" when they plug a pen-drive.
> And this import send the files to the correct program where it will be
> used (pdf to viewrs, ebook to ereader, photos to gthumb, etc).
>
> I agree that we need simple way to do stuff, but we can't think that
> some users want to have "more control" to the system.
>

> --
> Leonardo Luiz Padovani da Mata
>
> International Syst S/A
> Metasys Tecnologia
> Software Engineer Metasys MeeGo Team
>
> leonar...@metasys.com.br
> +55-31-3503-9040
>
> "May the force be with you, always"
> "Nerd Pride... eu tenho. Voce tem?"
>

> By the other hand there is an averange joe that just want to see a
> popup with a message "import all files" when they plug a pen-drive.
> And this import send the files to the correct program where it will be
> used (pdf to viewrs, ebook to ereader, photos to gthumb, etc).
This is exactly the kind of false good idea that I think of: In an
ideal world, there would be only the files that will have to be
imported on the pen-drive. But in the real world, no one will use this
because:
- there is other files on the pen-drive.
- at least I will want to check the files before importing it.
- may be I don't want to copy some of the photos that are private
moments with my girlfriend
- maybe I have other things to do at the moment and I will be
disturbed by the popup. (For example I plugged the key first to save
in it a text document that I'm writing, but only after that I will
have the time to import the files)