On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 11:52 +0300, ext Dominig ar Foll wrote:
> Hello,
>
> those who have discussed with me during the MeeGo Conference in San
> Francisco, know that I have started a small project to create a Light
> version of OBS.
>
> The goal of the project is to ease the access to OBS for embedded
> developers and initial investigation team which have to select an
> embedded OS,  by creating a tool which follows their traditional
> development process (working locally in chroot) but keeps the
> compatibility with the OBS.
>
> Some of the module that we are planning could potentially be of interest
> for the real OBS (called Full OBS in my spec). In particular the the
> automatic creation of patch files from a modified chroot and the UI for
> MIC2 could become generic features. All created new code will be GPL2.
>
> Your feedback is welcome. All discussion will take place on the MeeGo
> distribution-tools mailing list.

> The file is on the MeeGo Wiki.
>
> http://wiki.meego.com/images/SpecOBSLight-1_V-0-6.pdf

the discussion had been going on and on in a very good direction, good
criticism in general
some agree and some are against.
So maybe we could move a bit further by discussing about the solution
details.
I believe the proposal from dominiq has good points but tend to replace
OBS on the developer machine, yes maintaining compatibility but almost
replacing it
i would tend to see it as an overkill.

I guess we need to re-describe the problem and start talking about how
to best solve it

please feel free to edit the page
http://wiki.meego.com/Release_Infrastructure/devroot with your view of
the problem and solution so we can move forward with the solution

Dominique i think it's time that you break radio silence.
--
Ramez Hanna <ramez.ha...@nokia.com>