On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 7:07 AM, Peter Jespersen <flywh...@illogical.dk>wrote:

> Den 29-09-2011 00:46, Clint Christopher Cañada skrev:
>
>  It's kinda disappointing though with what's happening.  Burned me once,
>> that's ok, burned me twice, fine, but the third time (after speaking about
>> Meego in some other engagements)?  You've got to have a pretty good reason
>> why I'm gonna trust this new development.
>>

> Got the same feeling here
>
> In short why ?
>
> Is this a way to make further distance from Nokia (Qt) via a rebranding ?
>
> Is it because you feel that MeeGo is getting nowehere (even though real
> units has seen the light of day) and that LiMo has a better chance (better
> support from hardware manufacturers) ?
>
> Is it Intel ?
>
> What does the Genivi Alliance have to say ?

I don't speak for the GENIVI Alliance. But from where I sit I see GENIVI is
a set of automotive middleware that runs on a number of operating systems in
a number of configurations. MeeGo is only one of those operating systems,
there are a number of others. A quick search for GENIVI compliance will
likely turn up some press releases about who else has a GENIVI compliant
distro.

Regards,

Jeremiah

> And why this secrecy ?
>
> Also it does sound a bit like Tizen will be LiMo-based
>

> Live long and prosper...

Jeremiah C. Foster
Open Source Technologist
Pelagicore AB
Ekelundsgatan 4, 6tr, SE-411 18 Gothenburg, Sweden
Mobile: +46 (0)730 93 0506
E-Mail: jeremiah.fos...@pelagicore.com

=== NOTE ===
The information contained in this E-mail message is
intended only for use of the individual or entity
named above. If the reader of this message  is not
the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited.