I do agree with the sentiment though. I've personally done some programming apps in android using an open framework that uses html and javascript but, although it does provide access to hardware, like gps, the camera and media, for more advanced functionality, you'd have to go back to adding that functionality through java. HTML/js is good for rapid deployment, however, nothing beats C and other compiled languages.

It's kinda disappointing though with what's happening. Burned me once, that's ok, burned me twice, fine, but the third time (after speaking about Meego in some other engagements)? You've got to have a pretty good reason why I'm gonna trust this new development.

Cheers,
Clint