On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 15:48 +0200, ext Sivan Greenberg wrote:
> As
> a community contributor standing from aside, besides the wonderful IRC
> logs I feel there is lack of order and entry points for members we
> might want to attract beyond the core contributors we have right now.

What about having an EASYFIX keyword? This is a quite standard practice
to get new contributors on board.

https://bugs.meego.com/describekeywords.cgi

> I would love to see goals and features being put up on the wiki as
> specs, as I noted before this is a great way to allow people that
> might leave and rejoin the project at any stage to get up to speed
> with things and start contributing or at least know what's going on,at
> least in abstract terms or their impact to app developers, package
> dependency and what not.

It would be useful to have automatic Bugzilla tables in the wiki page
showing the current status, like
http://wiki.meego.com/Marketing/Meego.com_1.2_update

> I think adopting this way of work would benefit us greatly.
> some more examples:
> https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/Middleware/Multimedia/Specs/1105/GstreamerEglSink
> https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/Middleware/Multimedia/Specs/1105/ConsolidateGtsOmxMultivendor
>
> As this wonderful example show, this really facilitates decision
> making as well as transparency.

Fully agree. Just exlaining the progress in the bug reports (as opposed
to have long silence + FIXED resolution) already helps following the
activity and seeing where there is no activity, hence opportunity for
newcomers.

--
Quim