Welded in cages are far superior to a bolt in cage. You are best to call CAMS and find 
out what they require. My cage which is CAMS/FIA approved required an engineers 
certificate from the manufacturer with detailed photo's of all the welds.
I think you can still build your own cage but it has to be inspected and signed off by 
a CAMS approved engineer.
A good roll cage can save your life, a poorly constructed cage is more dangerous than 
no cage at all.
Jake


--- "rclough" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I want to install an approved one in a 180BSSS whilst it is in the "shell" stage of a 
build up.
I need to buy a MIG welder to repair some bent panels, so fabrication is not  a real 
problem, if I have a pattern/specifications to work to.

What is the go on Cams approved roll cages for cars now presenting for a Log Book?
Are there makers of "off the shelf" approved cages for old cars or can I fabricate one 
myself from approved (Reynolds?) chrome/moly tubing?  If so, are there approved design 
specifications available that I can copy?  
Do roll cages now have to be welded in or can they still be bolted through the floor 
pan?  I need to know this so I know if I can paint the interior first, or I must build 
a cage before painting. 



_____________________________________________________________
AutoSpeed - The World's Best High Performance Online Magazine
http://www.autospeed.com

--membersozdat-------------------------------------------------------
OZDAT Mailing List   Please Note:-
Send (un)subscribe requests to  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send  submissions to  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
No unauthorised redistribution of this email
http://www.ozdat.com/ozdatonline/index.htm
http://www.ozdat.com/ozdatonline/listindex.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to