I think some clients have been developed around the cachedump command...
Okay maybe just the FUSE client, but I caught someone trying to use that
in prod at *least* once...

It's more user friendly as a command that pulls a subset of the data. If
it were to be modified and brought in as an official command, it would at
least need an argument to specify a limit. Otherwise those "quick"
debugging routines would require a massive datadump you'd then have to
trawl through.

I'm still convinced a full dump command will be abused more than it's
worth, but I forget where we left off last on that debate.

-Dormando