On 24.10.11 16:13, "dormando" <dorma...@rydia.net> wrote:

>> I'd prefer a flag that I have to _enable_ to have the library verify my
>> damn keys. Let the user do what he wants to do and don't expect every
>> client user to be a moron. (just like the stupid ubuntu installations
>>that
>> adds all sorts of stupid aliases for rm etc).
>
>Most users won't ever know what the protocol is, so they won't know that
>spaces or newlines are even a problem until after it's a problem.

You should probably read the documentation for the client you're using
before starting to use it in production. It should contain some pointers
about what's allowed or not. Like a definitions/restrictions on the key
and value.

And If they don't, well then its their own fault ;) Why should we optimize
the code flow for morons ;)

Trond