> >> I'd prefer a flag that I have to _enable_ to have the library verify my
> >> damn keys. Let the user do what he wants to do and don't expect every
> >> client user to be a moron. (just like the stupid ubuntu installations
> >>that
> >> adds all sorts of stupid aliases for rm etc).
> >
> >Most users won't ever know what the protocol is, so they won't know that
> >spaces or newlines are even a problem until after it's a problem.
>
> You should probably read the documentation for the client you're using
> before starting to use it in production. It should contain some pointers
> about what's allowed or not. Like a definitions/restrictions on the key
> and value.
>
> And If they don't, well then its their own fault ;) Why should we optimize
> the code flow for morons ;)

Nobody fucking does that. Get over it, yo. People read the minimum amount
of crap they have to read until it works. Everyone else doesn't have a
hard time finding work.

Also; because when you don't, people switch to to other systems because
they believe it's "easier", or they complain in IRC or on the mailing list
and waste my time.