> Thank you for the tips guys!
>
> The limiting factor for us is actually memory utilization. We are using the
> default configuration on sizable ec2 nodes and pulling only like 20k qps per
> node. Which is fine
> because we need to shard the key set over x servers to handle the mem req
> (30G) per server.
>
> I should have looked into that before posting.
>
> I am really curious about network saturation though. 200k gets at 1mb per get
> is a lot of traffic... how can you hit that mark without saturation?

Most people's keys are a lot smaller. In multiget tests with 40 byte keys
I can pull 20 million+ keys/sec out of the server. probably less than
10gbps at that rate too. Tends to cap between 600k and 800k/s if you need
to do a full roundtrip per key fetch. limited by the NIC. Lots of tuning
required to get around that.

In pure throughput over localhost I've gotten it past 78 gigabits.. using
16k keys.

it's pretty snappy.