Pretty sure Frank was asking about server implementations of memcached in
python.

As per that, I've only ever seen people create those for eduational
purposes. Not aware of something anyone runs in production. What do you
need it for?

As per libmemcached being idle; I've noticed and am hoping to be able to
work on it this year.

-Dormando