Im 99% sure I have 80A fuses. I will doublecheck though. The so if I had a shorted plug it should read less resistance than the others? All of mine read the same. Which I believe was 1 ohm, can that be right? I think even new plugs I tested read 1 ohm

Marshall Booth wrote:

"Kaleb C. Striplin" wrote:

On one of my SDL's I noticed it blew the glow plug fuse. I replaced it,
turned key on, it blew again.  I checked all the glow plugs and found
one that was physically broken.  I replaced it, same thing, blew fuse
again.  I checked all the plugs again and the resistance on all of them
was the same.  None checked bad with that test.  So for the time being I
 installed a heavy wire in place of the fuse.  This wire does heat up
while the glow plugs are running.  So whats the deal?  Could a glow plug
be shorted?  How would I check that?  I dont see any wires that look
bad.  Am I correct in assuming the problem is between the relay and the
plugs, or the lines connecting the 2?  Would a shorted plug show good on
a resistance test?

Could be a shorted plug (that will result in a resistace reading of
below 0.5 ohms, but to most meters, that's not much different than 0.5
ohms), a shorted wire to the plug, or that you got some 30 or 50 A fuses
rather than 80 A.
Marshall

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,  81 300TD,