rumor has it that Kaleb wrote:

> OK, concerning dino oil.  Anybody know/heard/used the oils you get a
> farm and fleet type stores?  The one here sells Mystic and Harvest King,
> both diesel rated, have all the ratings etc.

Just circumstantial evidence.

I have 3 cars that the engines have failed on. In all three I was
running Mystic.

The reason that I was using Mystic is because they all burned/leaked
so much oil that I couldn't afford synthetic.

So, because they were oil-consuming engines, they were probably not in
very good shape. But after the third engine began to get worse I said
"Hey, maybe it's the oil!" and choose to pay the couple dollars more
for Mobil or Delo (still dino oil) from Wal-Mart. That third engine is
out of service because of head-gasket problems.

My conclusion - the oil _may_ be fine, but _for_me_ its worth the
small price difference to put in oil that I have a bit more confidence
in.

           Philip, not an oil expert