From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of OK Don
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 8:22 PM
To: Mercedes mailing list
Subject: Re: [MBZ] GASSER vs D ??

Let's see - you get about 18 mpg in the 560SEL? and it costs $8,000. A new
Prius gets about 50 MPG, and costs about $21,000. You pay cash for either
car. The difference is $13,000. Say that gas will be $3.00/gal.
by the end of the year. If you drive 15,000 miles per year, you'll spend $2,
500 for gas for the 560SEL vs. $900 for the Prius. The difference is $1600.
It will take 8 years to break even. I'd rather drive a 560SEL than a Prius
for eight years -- -- That's how I justify keeping the 450SLC, which only
gets 15 MPG, but I won't drive it that many miles a year either. The 300SDL
gets the miles.

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK