Don & Teresa Merriman wrote:
Hola Marshall
Where do I look for this tube?

The tube (made from foam tubing that usually will disintegrate after aging 12-15 years) goes from the blower housing to the cabin temp sensor - I've not worked on 126s, but I understand the sensor could be on the dash in earliest 126s and above the rear-view mirror/front cabin light in cars built after 7/81. Check out 83-640 in the Climate Control Manual or on the CD (I've attached the file). It only tangentially refers to the air hose, but it's the air hose that disintegrates. The hose goes from the blower housing to the dash mounted temp sensor in the early models and from the blower housing to the A pillar where it goes up and over to the ceiling mounted sensor in the later models (up 'til the mid '80s when there was another change). The use of foam (people have used the foam insulation for water pipes to replace it) reduces noise - if you use rubber or solid plastic hose it will transmit SOME noise, but MIGHT last more than 15 years!

Marshall
'87 300TD 181Kmi,'87 190D 2.5 199Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 227Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 159Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 234kmi
      Diesel Technical Advisor MBCA, member GWSection
    http://www.dhc.net/~pmhack/mercedes/mbooth1.htm