Hola amigos
I have a air conditioning mystery with my 1982 380SEL. Replaced the
condenser and compressor, both only lasted 472,000 miles. Interesting that
the Delco Morraine OE unit only lasted 472,000 miles, same unit as used on
new GM products in the 80´s. The blower motor works at all three speeds, the
button for the automatic temp control system works. The temp control wheel
works OK. The problem is when the air flow is slow or non exitant. Driving
on the open road with a constant air flow the air conditioning works all day
long, the problem is when the air flow is cut down, stopped, in traffic, or
when you really need the air. The engine temp is consistent at 80C, never a
under the hood temp too high, only when stopped or low air flow. When the
temp goes up the electric fan kicks in at the appropriate temp. The mystery
is why only does the blower quit working when the air flow is low or non
existent?
 Gracias amigos

--
Don & Teresa Merriman