Forgot about the pickups - aren't some Hummers diesel
too? Gas station about 5 blocks from work just added a
diesel tank too.

Christopher

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> And with 4.2 bazillion new "deeesel" Peeck'em ups
> out there demand is higher.
> Almost every station is now selling diesel. Compare
> to 1990 before the big
> diesel truck explosion and one had to look around to
> find a station with diesel
> pumps. In 1992 I had the only diesel in the parking
> lot. Today I have one of 2
> gasoline vehicles in the lot. In the NW the diesel
> pickup is everywhere.
>
> How did the new "low sulphur" rules affect diesel
> production? Probably
> increased price of additives and reduced the amount
> of gallons per barrel, I'm
> guessing.
>
> My local refiner has a 20 inch pipeline to the local
> air force base. They
> sell a lot of fuel to the government. I doubt there
> is a surplus building up in
> their tanks.
>
> Not that I think for a minute that everyone from the
> oil field thru refiner,
> thru trucker/distributor, and retailer hasn't added
> a little to their margin.
> And why not, they just point to the other guy and
> blame him.
>
> Just a few reasons for the prices being what they
> are.
>
> Ken

> Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> Subject: Re: [MBZ] Re: price of diesel...interesting
> theory...
>
> Well my ill informed understanding is that a given
> barrel of crude
> will only produce so much of each desired fraction,
> unless the refiner
> rally pushes hard and does some complex more
> expensive cracking of the
> hydrocarbons. That being said we dieselers are
> competing with the home
> heating oil users and the jet fuel users. In europe
> over half of the
> new cars sold are diesels. With only cars using the
> gasoline portion
> of each barrel it is realatively cheaper. Those darn
> europeans are
> using up our share of the cheap diesel and sending
> their left over
> stinky gas here on the cheap.
>
> Bob DuPuy
> Down to 1 SDL 1 D and two Mogs

Christopher McCann, Raytown, Missouri
-1985 300SD, 207K miles, "Wulf" http://don.homelinux.net/mbz/Chris
-1976 240D, ManyK miles,  "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen
= Alternative Fuel Test Vehicle)
-1998 Toyota Sienna CE, 99K miles, "The Van"