Hey Dan,

I was just looking at the factory manual again and it has 2 entries for dwell
on 259/8. The first ons is 41* for a normal coil ignition.

The second is 30-36 for for a transistorized coil ignition. Transistorized coil
ignition is defined as a blue coil. I have a blue coil.

When will I learn to listen ;)

Thanks

George

If it's an aluminium housing the dwell should be 30 and if it's cast iron it
should be around 38. 41 is OK if it runs well.   This is a tricky question
because you seem to have two different systems running on the same car. Dwell
angle appears to be a function of the distributor model and maybe not the
system used. As far as I know,  aluminium 6 cylinder distributors and V8's use
30 degrees if they're running CD ignition.

Dan
--- Begin Message ---