http://mb.braingears.com/126_DISC1/program/Chassis/32-300.pdf

 This will give you an idea of all the work involved to R&R front stabilizer (I
call it a swaybar) I was just looking at this the other day to see what it
would take to just pull the ends out of the upper control arms and paint them
with POR-15 before they rust and break.

If I am interrupting the document Mercedes Labor Time on the FTP site
correctly.  Series 50 early w126. 12.2 Hrs, Series 60 late w126 12.4 Hrs.

Your Indy will be doing both sides because it is a 1 piece bar that runs from
one side to the other. Unless he can patch it back together somehow, but I
don't think that will work.   Russ H