I drained my differential (on the AKP-Wagen) last
nigght - looked like thick chocolate milk abd smelled
disgusting. Filtered it and dumped it in the tank.
Also filtered a mix of used VO and bacon grease. I
took a 50/50 mix of the VO-bacon grease and D2 and put
it in the freezer. It gelled. Added the appropriate
amount of GE 8932Q and dumped the whole lot in the
tank.

We are now at about 25% recylced oil in the mix. The
engine is incredibly quiet. Smokes a fair amount at
start up, but id fine once warm (which still amazes
me).

As soon as I move (close today, if they get the title
right), I will order 1,000 liters of "a-l sauce" and
start more carefully measuring my oil-diesel
proportions, will also set up the large qty filter
system at this time and start keeping more detailed
records.

Diesels are amazing...wonder what would happen if I
put bacon fat in my wife's Toyota Sienna?... :-)

Christopher

(http://www.pictureblogger.com/My-1985-Mercedes-Benz-300SD)