Right turns are a lot safer anyway. Just make three rights and you have a
left. BINGO, no more problem.

Ken

In a message dated 8/23/2005 11:31:41 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
From: LT Don <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] a NEW strange noise

Now that my car shuts down quickly and efficiently for the first time since
I took ownership, The Evil Benz decided it was time to spring something new
on me.

For the last couple of days, I hear a strange sound when the steering wheel
is turned to the left when stopped or at slow speeds (only). And only when
turning left, no similar sound when the wheels are turned to the right. The
sound seems to be coming from the steering column area under the dash and
sounds like a set of keys is being jiggled, or like some coins are being
tossed around in the palm of your hand.

I am going to pull off the plastic pieces and take a peek under the dash
after work today or tomorrow. Anyone have a clue as to what this might be?
No, it isn't the keys banging together -- I already ruled that out.

Don