Barry Stark wrote:

> Russ -
> To the contrary, they WERE quite popular in the late 60s into the 70s. Heck,
> I almost bought one. They were a little pricey though, the figure $4000
> sticks in my head. They were more than a new Bronco. Here's a add for one
> with some pretty good pictures.
> http://motoexotica.com/inventory.asp?v=474

I drove one in high school, my dad bought it for $500 as an emergency commuter.
(the driveway was over 500' long, and the Nova didn't like deep snow)
I drove it in the summer. 231 Buick V6, Borg-Warner T90 3 speed with floor
shift, and 4.27:1 axles kept fuel economy down, I think I got as much as
15mpg. Was nice to drive around town, it would start out in 2nd as easily
as in first, so I never had to shift it. Parked it when the tranny got
a noisy bearing, dad wouldn't let me try to rebuild it. As soon as I
was off to college, he sold it for $200, it was long gone when I came
home for Thanksgiving. I would have paid him that much for it.