I have to agree with you there Gary, I was in the army in the 80's when they
switched to the M9 Beretta from the M1911 45. The only good thing about the M9
was capacity and weight. No knock down power and random problems with broken
slides and jamming.  You get hit by a .45 slug, you darn well knew it.