hue wong wrote:
I remember this popped up a few weeks ago, but I
missed it and can't find it in the archives...

So when my 300td fires up, the oil pressure gauge pegs
at the 3 setting on the gauge (milibar???)   Then it
doesn't go down when I let off the "gas" and let the
motor idle....

I seem to think that it starts moving about after it
warms up...( the car has sat for the last few months)
But I want to make sure I'm not running it this way
and it could cause damage!

Any thoughts?

THAT'S exactly what it should do.

Also, do these 2300td's (84) have the self-leveling
suspensions?  I just read a reference to it in the
Chilton’s manual.  I thought they ran straight
shocks...

ALL the 123 and 124 wagons have self leveling suspension.

Marshall
'87 300TD 181Kmi,'87 190D 2.5 199Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 227Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 159Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 234kmi
      Diesel Technical Advisor MBCA, member GWSection
    http://www.dhc.net/~pmhack/mercedes/mbooth1.htm