I have run about 100 gallons of B100 through my '95 E300D (doesn't take long for me) and was looking to compare numbers with others on the list who are running B100. I gathered a fair amount of performance and economy data before and after the switch and was a little surprised by the outcome. Every source I've read on biodiesel indicates that you should expect a slight decrease in power and economy because there is slightly less energy in biodiesel. Well, I have noticed no significant drop in performance as indicated by the stopwatch. The butt dyno tells me that I'm a little down, but barely. So, I was expecting about a 5% drop in power, and I would guess that I am seeing less that 2%. What I have noticed, however, is that my economy is down a little over 15%, from around 29.9 MPG to 25.3 MPG. To make sure it wasn't the car, I ran a few tanks of dino fuel through and it again returned to around 29.9 MPG.

Is anyone else out there running B100 who is as anal as I am and documented the changes? I'd love to compare notes.

Thanks,

J.B. Hebert

Current Vehicles:

'76 Ford Bronco