  From: andrew strasfogel
  Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 1:56 PM
  Subject: Re: [MBZ] transmission problem

  If you have no reverse, odds are that you will indeed need to have some work
done on your transmission.  Be prepared...

  On 8/30/05, Potter, Tom E <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Sounds like the transmission filter is getting plugged. Try changing the
transmission filter and fluid. Don't forget to drain the torque converter. BTW,
if you take it to a transmission shop they will say you need a rebuild (that's
their job). Either do it yourself or find a shop you really trust. I have had
such symptoms on American iron, and this solution worked for me. YMMV.

    Thomas E. Potter
    Telephone: (713) 215-2877
    Fax: (713) 215-2551
    Mobile: (832) 794-0536