i've never met a golden retriever that has been anything but friendly. the other day, i was cleaning my car out and my neighbors golden retrievers hopped in the back thinking we were going for a ride. so i went for a ride with them. nice dogs

also, there is a difference between being bitten and being mauled beyond recognition. sure, any dog can bite. if your kid gets bitten by a golden retriever, it's not a good thing. but when i pit bull goes after your kid, it's a whole different thing